Stucco is a resilient material for your home’s exterior walls. The industry average lifespan of stucco is one decade and can last up to more than that if well taken care of. Proper maintenance is the key to a long-lasting exterior stucco wall. Regardless of the construction material that you or your property engineer used, the best rule of thumb is to maintain your walls as much as you maintain your pavers, your roofs, or your garden.
Many people do not know this, but exterior walls receive the highest pressure when it comes to maintaining the overall welfare of your house. It receives rainfall, wind, dust, and sunlight – elements that can make portions of your exterior walls to crumble. That is why looking out for your stucco walls is very important.
Signs that you need a Stucco Repair
There are countless reasons why a stucco break. Unlike what is commonly perceived, stucco also needs proper maintenance. Money-saving maintenance can save your stucco from breaking apart. Here are the signs that your stucco needs repair:
1. Cracks – there are many kinds of cracks and the most common is the hairline cracks. It literally looks like a hairline on plain white paper. From a distance, hairline cracks may not be visible. Standing near your stucco wall and observing the details of your walls, you may see thin hairline-like cracks. While this may not seem alarming, hairline cracks are early signs of weakening of portions of your walls. These small cracks also allow enough amount of water to damage the inner layers of your exterior walls – something that may be problematic later on.
2. Bloating – bloating or more commonly called wall swelling is a sign that your exterior walls are not properly sealed. Its inability to properly repel water allows small portions of water and moisture to sip through and get stuck in between the layers of your exterior walls. In some cases, bloating or wall swelling happens between the stucco wall and the paint. When this happens, your stucco wall may be safe, but the water will eventually tear the paint open.
3. Uneven surface – usually, a brand-new stucco wall of your exterior should be fine, smooth, and even. Uneven surfaces may mean that the stucco did not cure properly. Proper curing is important to make sure that every layer of the stucco is in its performance state. Improper mixing and application of stucco materials may cause the stucco to dry up too quickly making the layer brittle and breakable.
4. Molds – it may be uncommon for exterior walls, but molds may still form when your exterior walls are not receiving enough maintenance. Molds love dark and cold places. Usually, exterior walls that do not receive sunlight and are usually wet develop molding. It is easy practically easy to remove a mold. However, you do not want your exterior walls to develop problematic mold issues by letting them sit on your walls for months. Remember that fungi grow fast and maybe a serious health risk for you and your children.
5. Big and medium holes – holes may vary in size. Usually, medium and big holes are caused by hard or sharp objects hitting your exterior walls. For many reasons, this is a common problem for stucco. Holes may invite many problems including water problems and sometimes, insect infestations. Make sure that holes are covered quickly to make sure that these issues will not arise in the future.
Ask Your Stucco Repair Experts for Help
If you have too many things to juggle alongside your work, you might not be able to get a good look at your exterior walls. This happens for most homeowners. Not having to properly maintain your home’s exterior walls can cost you more than double the maintenance cost. If you have a busy schedule, you should hire a stucco repair expert to take care of your walls.
Orlando Stucco Repair Pros is one of the leading stucco repair services in Orlando, FL and nearby areas. With a team of stucco repair experts, we can make sure that your exterior walls are up to their highest quality and performing at an optimal state. We can fix any part of your home with stucco including your exterior walls, interior walls, rooftop, and more. Never waste money by saving up and canceling on your maintenance responsibility. Remember, stucco walls need repair too. Call now to get your free no-commitment quotation.
Orlando Stucco Repair Pros is affiliated with a Florida licensed contractor.