Stucco is a fairly profitable business and for that reason, the competition is tight. By just searching through your favorite search engines, you will see more than a dozen companies offering construction services. While stucco is practically a specialty job, you can also find a dozen of suppliers and service companies offering stucco installation, application, and repair services over the web. And with a tight competition, price becomes cheaper so one company can beat the other.
For legitimate companies with expert stucco contractors, the price may be within the average and will definitely not go down the price floor. If you see a company that offers unimaginably low prices, that is a convincing sign that this company is not an expert in stucco. Dealing with such contractors may only cost you more than you think you can save.
What should I need to consider?
Looking to have your home renovated or repaired? It is important you hire the best contractor in the business. That is because excellent contractors can guarantee you a quality service and they can get it done in a timely manner. Here is a quick short guide when choosing a contractor:
1. Portfolio – probably one of the best ways to assure of the quality of work is to see the company’s portfolio. If they are legitimate and they stand firm to what they say on their website, they can give you their portfolio. This portfolio should comprise their past projects from clients who hired them. Do not just believe in photos. If you have time, go and see their projects in person.
2. Learn about stucco – the internet provides an abundant amount of information about stucco and its application. You can search for its benefits and issues and even costs. Learning about the construction material that you will opt for allows you to be more decisive. Remember that the weather and climate system in your area is important when choosing the right exterior claddings for your home. Make sure to read a little and do your research.
3. Never be too shy to ask for prices – all stucco companies know that every client has their own requirements and budget constraints. That is why prices may vary depending on the needs of every client. Asking for a quotation should not take longer than a day. If you want to plan ahead for your budget or your personal finances, make sure to email, call, or chat with their sales agents in advance.
4. Verify license and insurance policies – a good stucco company have a team of stucco experts but an excellent stucco company has a team of licensed stucco experts and an insurance policy in place to cover unplanned incidents. If you think a license cannot be faked, there are people who fake their license just to get a client. Make sure to properly verify licenses and certificates before dealing with a stucco contractor.
5. Check the weather – you surely do not want your exterior walls fixed or built during the rainy season. The best time to hire a stucco contractor to fix or build your exterior walls is during summer when the sun is high and there is a very minimal chance of rainfall. Rain can delay a project and can even be more costly. Make sure to get a stucco contractor when there is no chance of rain.
6. Make sure to know your needs – writing it on a piece of paper or creating a bulleted note for your needs may greatly help your stucco contractor in making you a fitting proposal for your requirements. Sometimes, high-cost proposals are caused by vague requirements or miscommunicated needs. If you and your contractor can personally meet or talk, make sure to layout your needs, requirements, and even your budget constraints.
An Excellent Stucco Repair Contractor Knows
The last thing that you want with a contractor is that they may look like their guessing and are not being able to lead the conversation. Stucco companies hire contractors that communicate very well and they do that for a reason including establishing the integrity of the firm. If it seems like you know more about stucco from your hour of research than your contractor that means you should look for a new one.
Call your local stucco repair contractors in Orlando Stucco Repair Pros. We make sure that you receive the value of your money with our quality service. Our team of committed stucco experts can do all of your stucco needs from repair, maintenance, and to application or installation.
Orlando Stucco Repair Pros is affiliated with a Florida licensed contractor.