You might be wondering what stucco is and how versatile this masonry construction material is. Well, let us walk you through the different stucco finishes that are ideal for your taste or the aesthetics of your home.
Stucco is gaining popularity in an unprecedented way thanks to its industrial-grade performance. Stucco is designed to last for more than a decade. It is a class-a masonry construction material and can absolutely stand the test of time. One of the main reasons why it is preferred by many homeowners and even business owners is because of its cost-efficient in a lot of ways. Many do not know this, but stucco is relatively cheaper than any other masonry construction material. It cost a lot cheaper compared to wood veneer walls and brick walls. In addition, stucco is low maintenance making it the ultimate ideal material for any type of home.
What are the different finishes of Stucco?
So much about its resiliency and cost-effectiveness, let us talk about the design! We know for a fact that aesthetics is very important for a house. It adds significant worth to the property not only economic value but as well as psychological value. Design is important because it gives the owner something to look forward to. If you are a person of style, stucco is the best fit for you. Below are the different finishes that you can opt for when it comes to choosing a stucco for your home.
1. Montalvo Finish – sometimes informally called cat face finish, Montalvo is generally smooth with random rough small to medium surfaces that add a unique touch to your exterior walls. If you are looking for a rugged but elegant looking wall, Montalvo is the ideal stucco finish for you.
2. Spanish Lace Finish – an elegant-looking finish, Spanish lace is preferred by homeowners with medium to big properties. Spanish lace compliments big walls. If your mason does not know what Spanish lace is, try asking him about the skip-trowel finish – it is one of the same things but the latter is more common.
3. Dash Finish – a stucco with a highly textured gravel finish. It is one of the most famous stucco finish because it can add a unique texture to your home’s exterior walls. Partnered with a generous amount of outdoor plants, a dash finish stucco can give a Mediterranean vibe.
4. Sand Finish – unlike dash finish, a sand finish stucco is lightly textured – as if you are touching sand on the beach. A foam float gives a classy finish to your stucco wall. The sand finish can effectively hide imperfections on the walls which cannot be removed otherwise.
5. Worm Finish – a worm finish is definitely aesthetically pleasing for everybody. It is also famously partnered with popping colors. A worm finish has a rough to smooth surface with small seemingly dent touches to make it look imperfectly perfect.
6. Santa Barbara Finish – a smooth and soft finish for homeowners who love plainness and simplicity. Looking at it closely, you will see a little sandy surface give a semi-smooth texture which you can only tell by touching it.
7. Smooth Finish – if Santa Barbara is still too rough for you, the smooth finish is an absolute choice for homeowners who want fineness and consistency. Smooth finish stuccos are absolutely about plain, simple stucco not to mention its low-maintenance texture.
Different stucco finishes give different benefits and values. More so, some are low-maintenance, and some need a little more cleaning than the others. It generally depends on how textured the surface is.
Choose only the Expert
If you have an old stucco wall in your house, you might want to ask an expert for a stucco repair. Maintenance and stucco repair is very important more especially when you see small cracks and holes on your stucco. You might not know this, but stucco repair is absolutely cheaper than having a new stucco installed on your home’s exterior.
Orlando Stucco Repair Pros is one of the leading stucco service providers in Orlando and nearby areas. Never let a mediocre handle the stucco job for you. With a non-stucco expert, you might be spending more than what you get. Remember that stucco is a specialty masonry construction material. Its application is complex than laying bricks and stone walls. Get your stucco wall repaired now and retain the elegant looking walls of your home.
Call us now and ask our expert stucco repair team to take care of your stucco walls. Go treat yourself by taking good care of your home.
Orlando Stucco Repair Pros is affiliated with a Florida licensed contractor.